2 - 3 servings
How to cook 15-Minute Shrimp Curry
- 1 pack shrimps (about 18 pieces), shelled and deveined, thawed completely if frozen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 3 - 4 tablespoons curry paste, depending on how spicy you like your curry
- 2 bird’s eye chilies, chopped (or 1 teaspoon chili flakes)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Patis (Filipino fish sauce), to taste
- Finely sliced scallions, to garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a shallow pan.
- Saute the onion, garlic, lemongrass, ginger and chilies (save some to garnish) about 30 seconds. Add the curry paste. Cook for another minute, stirring often.
- Add the shrimps. Stir. Cook just until they start to change color.
- Pour in the coconut cream. Season with fish sauce.
- Once the coconut cream starts to boil, turn off the heat and leave the shrimps to cook in the residual heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve Shrimp Curry hot with freshly steamed rice or flat bread..
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
The 15-Minute Shrimp Curry recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for 15-Minute Shrimp Curry serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The 15-Minute Shrimp Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed