How to cook Abalone Almondine
- 4 abalone steaks
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 3/4 cup butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Pour milk in a large shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl combine flour seasoned with salt and pepper and corn meal.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter over moderate heat in a heavy 12 to 14 inch skillet.
- While the butter is melting, dip each abalone steak first into the milk, then the flour mixture so that each piece is well coated.
- When the butter in the skillet has stopped foaming, quickly saute each steak on each side no more than 15 to 20 seconds per side. Overcooking will cause the abalone to be tough. As each steak is sauteed, remove from the skillet and place on a warm platter.
- When all the steaks are sauteed, sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley. Place platter in a warm oven. In a heavy skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter and saute the almonds over moderate heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until they are golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove the platter from the oven, pour the almonds and butter over the abalone and serve at once.
The Abalone Almondine recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Abalone Almondine serves/makes: 4 servings
The Abalone Almondine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed