16 appetizer servings
How to cook Abalone Ceviche
- 1 pound abalone steaks
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1/4 cup green chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander sprigs
- Pound abalone lightly, then slice into thin strips about 1 inch wide and 1 1/2 inches long. Place in a small glass bowl.
- Mix together lime juice, oil, chili sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar and Tabasco sauce. Pour this mixture over abalone and mix well. Cover and chill about 4 hours or overnight.
- At serving time, spoon into an abalone shell or scallop shells and garnish with lime and coriander sprigs.
- Serve the Abalone Ceviche cold.
The Abalone Ceviche recipe easy to cook and so good!
Ceviche (also spelled as cebiche, seviche or cevice) is a form of citrus marinated seafood salad, popular in many Latin American countries, originating in the Viceroyalty of Peru.
This recipe for Abalone Ceviche serves/makes: 16 appetizer servings
The Abalone Ceviche recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked