How to cook Abalone Chowder
- 1 pound sliced abalone
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- Salt, pepper, Tabasco, and Worcestershire to taste
- Chop Abalone in blender.
- Melt butter and saute vegetables until soft.
- Add flour, stirring until blended in mixture.
- Add chopped Abalone, tomatoes and 4 cups of water.
- Season with Tabasco, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes and cook about 15 minutes. Season to taste.
This recipe for Abalone Chowder serves/makes: 4
The Abalone Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew