How to cook Abalone Chowder with Bacon
- 1 pound sliced abalone, pounded
- 2 cup water
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cube butter
- 6 chopped celery sticks
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cup cubed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dice abalone, add to potatoes and let simmer in pot with water.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain and set aside. In the bacon fat, cook onion, celery until nearly done.
- Pieces should be slightly crunchy.
- Drain and add vegetable and butter to abalone.
- Simmer very slowly, adding a cup of milk every 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cornstarch if thicker chowder is desired.
- Allow pot to simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add corn if desire.
This recipe for Abalone Chowder with Bacon serves/makes: 4
The Abalone Chowder with Bacon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew