How to cook Abalone Sesame Steaks
- 4 abalone steaks, about 1/4 pound, pounded thin and patted dry
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Flour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges, to serve
- In a heavy skillet, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat - shaking the skillet often to prevent burning - for 30 seconds, or until the seeds are evenly browned.
- In a wide shallow bowl, combine the toasted sesame seeds, bread crumbs and cayenne pepper. Put the seasoned flour in another shallow bowl. Dredge the abalone steaks first in the seasoned flour, then in the beaten egg mixture, then in the sesame-crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and lemon juice over medium heat until frothy. Immediately add the abalone steaks and saute them for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Do not overcook, lest the abalone toughen.
- Serve the sauteed abalone steaks accompanied by lemon wedges.
The Abalone Sesame Steaks recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Abalone Sesame Steaks serves/makes: 4 servings
The Abalone Sesame Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed