How to cook Abalone Steaks with Grape Sauce
- 12 abalone steaks, pounded thin and patted dry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 pound green seedless grapes
- 2 navel oranges, tops and bottoms cut off, each orange cut into 6 slices
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup grape juice, extracted from 1 to 2 pounds fresh grapes
- 1 teaspoon Cognac
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- To cook Grape Sauce - Combine the shallots, wine and grape juice in a saucepan. Over low heat, reduce the liquid by half. Stir in the Cognac and the cream. Keep the sauce warm.
- To cook Abalone Steaks - In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the boiling water to make a sugar syrup. Gently poach the grapes in the syrup for 5 minutes, or until tender; set aside.
- Moisten the abalone steaks in the milk, dust with the flour, then dip them in the beaten eggs.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter and saute the steaks over high heat to a golden-yellow color - about 30 seconds on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve - Arrange the sauteed abalone steaks, alternately with the orange slices, overlapping in a row on a warmed serving platter. Sprinkle the poached grapes over the assembly and cover it with the Grape Sauce.
The Abalone Steaks with Grape Sauce recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Abalone Steaks with Grape Sauce serves/makes: 12 servings
The Abalone Steaks with Grape Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed