6 - 8 servings
How to cook Abalone Stew
- 1 pound raw abalone, tenderized and cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and saute the garlic, bell pepper and onion until the onion is transparent.
- Add the bay leaf, water, tomato sauce, potatoes, salt and cayenne, then cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add the abalone and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve the Abalone Stew hot with crusty bread.
The Abalone Stew recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Abalone Stew serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Abalone Stew recipe is adopted from The Abalone Lover's Cookbook by Jeri Siegel and Michael Hill.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew