2 - 4 servings
How to cook Abalone and Chanterelle Salad
- 1 live abalone, about 4 to 5 ounces, shucked, cleaned, and sliced
- 1/4 pound chanterelles or oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, lightly crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chicken or fish stock or court-bouillon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them thick if large, halve if small. Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, and a bit of salt and pepper. Spread them on a sheet pan and roast in a hot oven until tender. Let cool.
- Combine the shallot in a medium bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper and mash with the back of a spoon. Stir in the vinegar and oil, and blend thoroughly with a fork or whisk. Adjust the seasoning.
- Bring about 1/2 inch of stock or court- bouillon to a simmer in a skillet and poach the abalone slices until just tender, 30 to 45 seconds. Remove and let cool slightly. Whisk the dressing in the bowl again if it has separated. Add the abalone, mushrooms, and tomatoes and toss to coat with the dressing.
The Abalone and Chanterelle Salad recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Abalone and Chanterelle Salad serves/makes: 2 - 4 servings
The Abalone and Chanterelle Salad recipe is adopted from The West Coast Seafood: The Complete Cookbook by Jay Harlow.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Salad