How to cook Acadian Cod with Vegetables
- Approximately 2 pounds (1 kg) fresh cod steaks
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) thyme
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) minced parsley
- Mix together lemon rind, salt, pepper and thyme rub top of fish steaks all over with mixture.
- Transfer fish steaks into a 7 x 11-inch (17.75 x 28-cm) glass or any microwave-safe dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Remove fish from dish.
- Arrange half of onion, tomato and potato slices and of green pepper strips into the dish.
- Top vegetables with fish steaks top with remaining vegetables.
- Melt butter or margarine for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix in minced parsley pour over vegetables.
- Cover with waxed paper microwave for 8 to 10 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', coating fish with cooking juices once, after the first 3 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 3 minutes serve.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Waiting time: 23 minutes
A summertime meal in one dish.
Fish, tomatoes, green pepper and potatoes are perfect together, appetizing and economical.
This recipe for Acadian Cod with Vegetables serves/makes: 4
The Acadian Cod with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Microwave