2 - 3
How to cook Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit)
- 1 pound squid (pusit)
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pull out head, tentacles, innards and transparent ribs from the body of the squid.
- Cut off tentacles just above the eyes and discard innards and transparent ribs.
- Wash and drain bodies and tentacles.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, water, sugar and bay leaf. Marinate squids in this mixture for 1 hour. Drain. Save marinade
- Saute onions in hot oil.
- Add drained squids, saute until the juices evaporates (about 10-12 minutes).
- Strain marinade, add to sauteed squids.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
The Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Adobo (a Filipino dish cooked in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
Kining sud-ana makasingot sa ka lami. (This kind of food will make you sweat with its good taste).
This recipe for Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed