How to cook Adobong Bihud (Fish Roe Adobo)
- 1/2 pound tuna roe
- 1 - 2 medium fresh chili pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, sliced thin
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or any type of cooking oil
- In a pan, arrange half of garlic, onions and ginger to serve as bedding.
- Carefully place the tuna roe on top of it.
- Pour water, vinegar,soy sauce and olive oil. Place the remaining half of garlic, onions and ginger on the top and sides of the tuna roe.
- Sprinkle whole black peppercorns and add-on dried bay leaves.
- Marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Cook in medium low fire and bring to a boil.
- When it started boiling, simmer in low fire.
- When half of the liquid had been evaporated, carefully flip the tuna roe to the other side. Place the fresh chili pepper on top of the tuna roe.
- Continue to simmer until almost all liquid had been evaporated.
- Serve the Fish Roe Adobo hot with rice.
The Filipino Adobong Bihud (Fish Roe Adobo) recipe so quick and easy to cook - healthy as well.
Adobo (a Filipino dish cooked in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
This recipe for Adobong Bihud (Fish Roe Adobo) serves/makes: 2 serving
The Filipino Adobong Bihud (Fish Roe Adobo) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered