How to cook Adobong Dalag with Coconut Milk
- 1 big mudfish (dalag)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 onion
- Remove the scales of the fish and wash thoroughly removing all the entrails.
- Cut into desired pieces and put in a cooking pot.
- Add thin coconut milk, onion, garlic, pepper, vinegar, ginger and salt to taste. Cover the cooking pot and let it boil.
- Add the thick coconut milk just before removing the pot from the fire.
- Serve the Adobong Dalag with Coconut Milk hot with steamed rice.
The Adobong Dalag with Coconut Milk is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy. The Filipino name for this recipe is Adobong Dalag sa Gata
Kining sud-ana makasingot sa ka lami. (This kind of food will make you sweat with its good taste.)
Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
Mudfish (dalag) also known as: Blackfish, Grindle, Cypress Bass, or Bowfin.
This recipe for Adobong Dalag with Coconut Milk serves/makes: 6
The Adobong Dalag with Coconut Milk recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mudfish/Dalag
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered