6 - 8 servings
How to cook Adobong Pusit (Adobo Squid)
- 1 box (3 pounds or 1.36 kilograms) pusit (squids)
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 bay leafs
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon MSG or vetsin (optional, so don’t complain!)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot (make sure it’s big enough) with the exception of the garlic.
- At this point, only put half of the smashed garlic and save the other half for later in the cooking process.
- Mix all the ingredients well, cover the pot with the lid, and let it cook for 6 minutes.
- Then, remove the cover and add the rest of the smashed garlic.
- Stir it well, cover the pot, and let it cook over medium heat for another 6 minutes.
- After those six minutes, you may taste the pusit and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the Adobong Pusit (Adobo Squid) with steamed white rice.
The Adobong Pusit (Adobo Squid) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Adobo (a Filipino dish cooked in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
This recipe for Adobong Pusit (Adobo Squid) serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Adobong Pusit (Adobo Squid) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered