How to cook African Crab and Green Chile Stew (Kotokyim)
- 1 pound cooked crab meat, flaked
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 to 4 hot green chiles, such as serrano or jalapeno, seeds and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup tomato juice or canned V 8 juice
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Place the onion, chiles, and the oil in a food processor or blender and mince finely. Heat a deep skillet, add the minced mixture, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are soft then, add the crab meat, salt, white pepper, and tomato juice and simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
- Garnish the simmered crab meat and green chiles with minced parsley.
The African Crab and Green Chile Stew (Kotokyim) recipe is from Ghana. This dish is delicious and easy to make. The hot chiles are countered by the tomatoes and the crab. Serve this dish with hot, cooked rice.
This recipe for African Crab and Green Chile Stew (Kotokyim) serves/makes: 4
The African Crab and Green Chile Stew (Kotokyim) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew