6 - 8
How to cook African Deviled Crab
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh lump crab meat, well drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Seafood Seasoning (see the recipe below)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
Seafood Seasoning Ingredients:
- Over medium heat, saute onion, bell pepper, and celery in 1/4 cup of the butter until tender.
- Add crab meat and seafood seasoning. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and combine all remaining ingredients except bread crumbs, shortening, and remaining butter.
- Shape into hush puppy-like cylinders.
- Coat with bread crumbs and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cook in shortening and remaining butter over medium-high heat until golden on all sides, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
How to cook Seafood Seasoning
Makes 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon ground bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container until ready for use.
The African Deviled Crab recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for African Deviled Crab serves/makes: 6 - 8
The African Deviled Crab recipe is adopted from The African-American Heritage Cookbook by Carolyn Quick Tillery - 1996.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed