4 - 6
How to cook African Garlic Prawns
- 18 to 21 green king prawns (shrimp)
- Olive oil
- 1 Scotch Bonnet or 3 small Anaheim peppers
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- Half fill a large heatproof baking dish with oil; place in a 375°F (190°C) oven until oil is hot (or heat over a grill).
- Meanwhile, shell and clean prawns, leaving the tails attached.
- Halve chili peppers. When oil is sufficiently hot, add peppers, garlic, and prawns.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes, turn prawns over, and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until prawns are pink and oil is sizzling.
- Serve the African Garlic Prawns at once. Top with parsley and cilantro. Allow 3-4 prawns per serving.
The African Garlic Prawns recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for African Garlic Prawns serves/makes: 4 - 6
The African Garlic Prawns recipe is adopted from The African-American Heritage Cookbook by Carolyn Quick Tillery 1996.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew