8 - 12
How to cook African Hot Clam Dip
- 2 cups minced clams, drained (reserve 1/4 cup clam juice)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 round crusty bread, at least 8 inches in diameter
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Cut off top of the bread and scoop out the inside. Reserve bread pieces for dipping.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and pour into bread shell.
- Replace top and tightly wrap in foil. Place wrapped bread in a pie plate, and bake for approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve hot with pieces of the scooped-out bread. If the bottom three-quarters of the bread remains wrapped in foil, the dip will stay hot for 1 hour.
The African Hot Clam Dip recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for African Hot Clam Dip serves/makes: 8 - 12
The African Hot Clam Dip recipe is adopted from The African-American Heritage Cookbook by Carolyn Quick Tillery 1996.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Baked