4 - 6
How to cook African Seafood Stew (Kejenou)
- 1 pound orange roughy fillet, cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup bouillon + 1 extra teaspoon bouillon granules
- 8 parsnips, sliced
- 1 (28 ounces) can Italian style (plum) tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, sliced, or 1 cup frozen green beans
- Cooked whole grains (optional)
- Cook the onion and green peppers in the bouillon for 5 minutes to softern.
- Add the parsnips, tomatoes and spices and cook 10-15 minutes or until the parsnips are just tender.
- Add the green beans and simmer 5 minutes add the fish chunks and simmer 5 minutes more, or until the fish is firm and no longer translucent, and the green beans are crisp-tender.
- Serve over whole grains.
This recipe for African Seafood Stew (Kejenou) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The African Seafood Stew (Kejenou) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew