12 - 18
How to cook African Smoked Oyster Log
- 2 can smoked oysters, drained, (reserve 1 tablespoon oil)
- 12 ounces cream cheese (do not use presoftened)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash of Tabasco
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Mash oysters with cream cheese.
- Add reserved oil, liquid smoke, mayonnaise, paprika, and Tabasco.
- Blend well, and chill for 2 hours.
- Shape into a log. Stripe log, candy-cane fashion, with aluminum foil.
- Roll log in chopped pecans.
- Chill again, and remove foil stripe prior to serving.
The African Smoked Oyster Log recipe very easy to prepare and so good! Christmas oyster appetizer spread, or serve for any party.
This recipe for African Smoked Oyster Log serves/makes: 12 - 18
The African Smoked Oyster Log recipe is adopted from The African-American Heritage Cookbook by Carolyn Quick Tillery 1996.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Appetizer