12 - 18
How to cook African Smoked Oyster and Salmon Ball
- 2 (3 to 4 ounces each) cans smoked oysters, drained, (reserve 1 tablespoon oil)
- 1 (16-ounce) can boneless, skinless salmon
- 16 ounces cream cheese (do not use presoftened)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Reserve several oysters for garnish. In a large bowl, mash together the cheese, liquid smoke, pepper, remaining oysters, and reserved oil.
- In a separate bowl, pick over the salmon, removing any stray bones or skin. Mash well, and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Blend throughly; shape into a ball, and chill for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, lightly dust ball with coarsely ground pepper and garnish with the reserved oysters.
- Serve the Smoked Oyster and Salmon Ball with crackers.
The African Smoked Oyster and Salmon Ball recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for African Smoked Oyster and Salmon Ball serves/makes: 12 - 18
The African Smoked Oyster and Salmon Ball recipe is adopted from The African-American Heritage Cookbook by Carolyn Quick Tillery 1996.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked