How to cook Alaskan Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette
- 4 Alaskan salmon fillets or steaks, 6 to 8-ounces each
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey-Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- SAUCE: Cook orange juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it is reduced to the consistency of syrup, (makes about 1/4 cup); let cool slightly.
- Place onion, lime juice, mustard and chili powder in a blender; add cooled syrup. Blend 30 seconds. Then, with blender running, slowly drizzle in the salad dressing so that the mixture emulsifies.
- SALMON: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lightly season the salmon fillets or steaks with salt and pepper. Heat an oven-proof saute pan 2 minutes; then add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sear the salmon steaks/fillets on 1 side for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and place the entire pan into the oven.
- Bake 4 to 8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- TO SERVE: Make a 1-ounce pool of the Orange Vinaigrette Sauce in the center of 4 plates.
- Top with the salmon fillets/steaks and garnish with 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro.
The Alaskan Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Alaskan Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette serves/makes: 4
The Alaskan Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Baked