4 - 6 servings
How to cook Almond Breaded Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds cod (or any firm, saltwater, white-fleshed fish) fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces almonds, finely chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Tartar sauce, store bought or homemade (see the recipe below)* to serve
Homemade Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- Prepare the Tartar Sauce and place in the refrigerator while you cook the Almond Breaded Fish Sticks.
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with a paper towels.
- Cut into medium-sized pieces ("sticks").
- Season the fish sticks with salt and pepper.
- Mix breadcrumbs with chopped almonds and grated cheese.
- Dredge each fish stick in flour, gently shake off excess flour, and then dip in beaten egg.
- Transfer the stick to the breadcrumb mixture, covering fish completely and pressing lightly to adhere.
- Working in batches, fry the fish sticks in a small amount of olive oil, over medium heat, for 6-7 minutes per each side.
- Serve the Almond Breaded Fish Sticks at once with hot cooked rice and tartar sauce on the side.
How to cook Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gherkins
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
The Almond Breaded Fish Sticks
with Tartar Sauce recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
*This is a quick, tartar sauce used with ingredients you probably already have on hand. It’s great with fish sticks, fish and chips, and other fish delicacies.
This recipe for Almond Breaded Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Almond Breaded Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed