How to cook Almond Crusted Tilapia
- 6 tilapia fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 3/4 to 1 cup almonds, grated or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning for fish
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive oil for frying
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut them into half lengthwise and season with seasoning for fish, salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon juice and set aside to marinate.
- Mix in a bowl grated almonds with breadcrumbs.
- First roll the fish fillets in flour, then dip into beaten eggs.
- Firmly press all sides of the fish into the almond-crumb mixture, making sure that it is completely coated.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, place the fillets in the skillet and fry for about 3 minutes per side or until the fish is cooked through. Exterior should be browned and crispy but not burnt.
- Serve the Almond Crusted Tilapia hot with boiled potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.
The Almond Crusted Tilapia
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Almond Crusted Tilapia serves/makes: 6 servings
The Almond Crusted Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed