How to cook Almond Crusted Walleye Fillet
- 1 or more walleye or saugeye fillet
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 fresh peach or pear, sliced
- Splash of dry white wine (Sauvignon blanc, Chardonnay, etc.)
- Mix the almond meal with a little panko and the salt and pepper.
- Place fish fillet in egg wash then roll in almond meal/panko mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons canola oil in a pan over medium low heat, then add fish and saute about 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness).
- Remove the walleye to paper towels, turn heat to medium high and add the sliced fruit.
- Stir and fry for a minute then add 2 tablespoon butter to sauce and cook until butter browns. Add wine and reduce.
- Place the Almond Crusted Walleye Fillet on plate surrounded by fruit and drizzled with sauce.
The Almond Crusted Walleye Fillet
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Almond Crusted Walleye Fillet serves/makes: 2 servings
The Almond Crusted Walleye Fillet recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed