2 - 3
How to cook Almond Curry Tuna Aspic
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce / 184-mL each) cans flaked tuna, drained
- 2 (1 tablespoon / 15 mL each) packs unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold water
- 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped pimiento
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Green olive slices (optional)
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water let stand until moistened.
- Stir in boiling water, until dissolved.
- Slowly beat gelatin mixture into softened cream cheese, until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice, curry powder, salt and garlic powder.
- Fold in chopped green onion and pimento, tuna flakes and toasted almond slices.
- Turn into a 6-cup (1.5-L) mold.
- Chill until set, unmold.
- Serve, garnished if desired with green olive slices and chopped parsley.
This recipe for Almond Curry Tuna Aspic serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Almond Curry Tuna Aspic recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Aspic/Chilled