How to cook Almond Haddock Balls
- 8 ounces (227 g) smoked haddock fillets, skinned
- 8 ounces (227 g) cod fillets, skinned
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1/2 green peppper, finely minced
- 2 1/2 ounces (70 g) breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) paprika
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) chopped chives
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces (l13 g) blanched almonds, chopped and lightly toasted
- In a bowl, microwave together minced onion and green pepper, for 4 to 5 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', stirring once.
- Cut cod and smoked haddock fillets into pieces arrange onto a plate.
- Cover and microwave fish for 5 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Crumble fish, removing bones.
- Mix in breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, paprika, chopped chives and beaten eggs.
- Mix in flour.
- Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch / 2.5-cm) patties.
- Coat patties with chopped almonds freeze.
- Thaw and reheat fish patties, moving patties a few times, until hot, approximately 16 minutes all together.
- Leave to rest for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reheat sauce for 1 to 2 minutes, at 'MAXIMUM'.
How to cook Sauce
- 3 teaspoons (15 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) tomato juice
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together all sauce ingredients.
- Microwave, covered, for 5 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', strring after after 2 minutes and then every 30 seconds.
- Throw away bay leaf.
Oven: 700 watts
Waiting time: 1 or 2 minutes
Thawing and reheating time: 16 minutes
This recipe for Almond Haddock Balls serves/makes: 4
The Almond Haddock Balls recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave