8 - 10 servings
How to cook Almond Trout Fillets
- 3 pounds trout fillets
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups slivered almonds, minced
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed corn flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup almond, peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- Fresh parsley sprigs, to garnish
- Rinse trout fillets with cold water; pat dry, and set aside.
- Combine milk, butter, and almond extract; stir well, and set aside.Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper; stir well, and set aside. Combine almonds and cereal; toss gently.
- Dip trout fillets in milk mixture; dredge in flour mixture. Dip again in milk mixture; coat with almond-cereal mixture.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Fry trout fillets, a few at a time, in hot oil 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish the Almond Trout with parsley sprigs, if desired.
The Almond Trout Fillets
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
TO BAKE Almond Trout Fillets - omit 1/2 cup oil. Place coated trout fillets on a rack in a broiler pan. Bake at 500°F (260°C) for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
This recipe for Almond Trout Fillets serves/makes: 8 - 10 servings
The Almond Trout Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed