6 fish tacos
How to cook Amberjack Fish Tacos
- 1 pound fresh amberjack fillets (or any dense, white fish), cut into medium chunks
- 1 tablespoons Redfish Magic seasoning
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- Red onion, sliced (to taste)
- 1/4 small head green cabbage, very finely shredded & mixed with a little lime juice
- 6 flour tortillas
- Limes, cut into wedges
- Queso Fresco cheese (or any mild/salty cheese), crumbled
- Avocado, chopped (optional)
- Cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- Jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoons (or more to taste) Sriracha or any hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Lightly dusted the fish chunks with Redfish Magic seasoning.
- Prep all the toppings and place into small bowls.
- Prepare sauce - simply place all ingredients into a bowl, whisk, and place in refrigerator.
- Heat a cast iron pan on the grill (or use a nonstick frying pan on the stove). When hot, add some butter and olive oil, then toss in the fish, then turn down to medium heat.
- After about 1 minute, turn each piece, then allow about 2 more minutes to cook. Don't overcook, as the fish will dry out.
- Meanwhile, toss the tortillas directly on the grill, on medium heat, until they puff up.
- Turn once. When browned, remove from heat.
- Assemble the tacos however you like to layer them.
- I like to start with a few pieces of fish, then cabbage, tomato, onion, sauce, jalapeno, cilantro, avocado, some lime juice and a sprinkle of Queso Fresco cheese.
The Amberjack Fish Tacos
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
You can put just about anything in a taco, depending on your taste, but I like to add some chopped tomato, red onion, a few jalapenos, and fresh squeezed lime. And I always toast or grill the tortillas for maximum flavor and texture.
This recipe for Amberjack Fish Tacos serves/makes: 6 fish tacos
The Amberjack Fish Tacos recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Sandwich