How to cook American Haddock Casserole
- 1 pound (454 g) haddock fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 (10-ounce / 284-mL) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk or white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) tarragon or thyme
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Swiss or Cheddar cheese
- Cut fillets inot individual servings.
- Arrange fillets, whole or rolled, side-by-side, thicker parts touching the sides of the dish, into an 8-inch (20-cm) glass dish.
- Mix together salt, pepper and nutmeg sprinkle mixture over fish.
- In a bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup, cream, milk or white wine and tarragon or thyme spread over fish.
- Sprinkle all over with grated cheese.
- Microwave on 'MEDIUM' for 8 to 10 minutes.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 8 to 10 minutes
If desired, use fresh or frozen cod
, instead of haddock
This recipe for American Haddock Casserole serves/makes: 2
The American Haddock Casserole recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave