How to cook Amish Deviled Clams
- 12 large clams
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 dozen clams
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Onion and parsley, to taste
- Bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Scrub clams well. Steam open. Save clam shells.
- Grind clams. Add water, eggs, onion, and parsley. Thicken mixture with bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Form balls and pack mixture into half of the clam shells.
- Gently lower filled shell into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
The Amish Deviled Clams recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Clams may be fried ahead of time and kept warm in the oven.
The Amish are a religious group who live in settlements in 22 of the United States and Ontario, Canada. The oldest group of "Old Order Amish," about 16-18,000 people live in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
This recipe for Amish Deviled Clams serves/makes: 12 clams
The Amish Deviled Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed