How to cook Amish Oyster Stew
- 1 pint stewing oysters
- 1 quart milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a 2-quart saucepan heat milk to the boiling point.
- In a frying pan melt the butter and brown it.
- Drain the oysters; then add them one at a time to the browned butter.
- Cook for only 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pepper.
- Add the oysters and butter to the hot milk and serve at once.
The Amish Oyster Stew recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Amish are a religious group who live in settlements in 22 of the United States and Ontario, Canada. The oldest group of "Old Order Amish," about 16-18,000 people live in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
This recipe for Amish Oyster Stew serves/makes: 4
The Amish Oyster Stew recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew