4 - 5
How to cook Amish Scalloped Oysters
- 1 (10-ounce) can medium-sized oysters, drained
- 4 cups crackers, coarsely crushed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- Line a 1 1/2-quart casserole with half of the crackers.
- Place half of the oysters on crushed crackers. Layer remaining crackers on top of oysters followed by the rest of the oysters.
- Beat egg and add milk, salt, and pepper.
- Just before baking pour mixture over oysters and crackers. Arrange butter in thin slices on top.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 minutes.
The Amish Scalloped Oysters recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Amish are a religious group who live in settlements in 22 of the United States and Ontario, Canada. The oldest group of "Old Order Amish," about 16-18,000 people live in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
A scalloped (escalloped) dish generally calls for layers of the featured ingredients to be coated with cream sauce and topped with bread crumbs before baking.
This recipe for Amish Scalloped Oysters serves/makes: 4 - 5
The Amish Scalloped Oysters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Baked