10 - 12 appetizer servings
How to cook Anchovies, Black Caviar and Egg Mold
- 1 (2-ounce) can anchovy fillets, drained
- 4 ounces black lumpfish caviar
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin (2 tablespoons)
- 9 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Dash onion powder
- 1/2 cup Mazola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Oil a 5-cup mold.
- Dissolve gelatin in lemon juice and water. Mince anchovies and add to lemon juice.
- Put eggs through ricer or grinder and add to anchovy mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients except caviar.
- Fold in caviar carefully.
- Pour mixture into prepared mold and refrigerate overnight. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Unmold when ready to serve.
- Serve on bed of lettuce and sprinkle a little grated egg on top and add a little parsley.
The Anchovies, Black Caviar and Egg Mold is great tasting appetizer or hors d'oeuvre.
This recipe for Anchovies, Black Caviar and Egg Mold serves/makes: 10 - 12 appetizer servings
The Anchovies, Black Caviar and Egg Mold Recipe adopted from Top Nosh.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Appetizer