How to cook Anchovy Essence
- 2 ounces anchovies, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely minced lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon dried hot chile flakes
- 1 whole clove
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the saucepan, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Set aside and let the mixture cool completely.
- Strain the cooled mixture through a fine sieve and discard the solids.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one month.
The Anchovy Essence recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Anchovy Essence serves/makes: 1/2 cup
The Anchovy Essence recipe is adopted from The Lewis & Clark Cookbook by Leslie Mansfield - 2002.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked