How to cook Anchovy Fillets with Poached Green Beans
- 3 anchovy fillets, oil reserved
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the green beans in a medium saucepan, and mix in the garlic, water, and lemon juice.
- Cover, and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, until tender but crisp. Drain, and transfer to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mash the anchovy fillets and about 1 tablespoon reserved oil.
- Toss into the bowl with the green beans. Season with pepper. Serve immediately.
The Anchovy Fillets with Poached Green Beans is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ready in 25 minutes
This recipe for Anchovy Fillets with Poached Green Beans serves/makes: 4
The Anchovy Fillets with Poached Green Beans recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered