How to cook Angel Hair with Tomatoes and Basil
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, cleaned
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 ounces assorted grape and cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile sautee onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat till they're lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and reduce by half.
- Add the shrimp, cover and cook 4-5 minutes till shrimp are done and tomatoes have given up all their juice and started to collapse.
- Add the butter, cooked pasta and basil and toss together.
- Serve the Angel Hair with Tomatoes and Basil hot.
The Angel Hair with Tomatoes and Basil
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Angel Hair with Tomatoes and Basil serves/makes: 2 servings
The Angel Hair with Tomatoes and Basil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta