How to cook Angry Lobster Pasta
- Meat from the claws, knuckles, and tail of a (1 1/2 pounds) boiled or steamed whole lobster,* cooled
- 6 ounces bucatini or spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan over medium-high heat cook the garlic and crushed red pepper in a good glug of olive oil till the garlic begins to color and gets fragrant - a minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and white wine - cook for another few minutes till tomatoes soften and begin to give up their juice.
- Next add the butter, cooked pasta, cooked lobster meat, and chopped mint and toss till everything is well combined and warmed through.
- Serve the Angry Lobster Pasta hot.
The Angry Lobster Pasta
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too! Fat bucatini pasta, tender fresh steamed lobster, lots and lots of butter, tomatoes, chilis, and mint works particularly well here.
*To Cook Lobsters:
Steam lobsters in a large covered pot depending on weight - 9 minutes for the 1st pound and 3 minutes for each additional pound. (1-1/2 pounds lobster will cook for about 13-14 minutes). Remove lobsters from pot and cover with ice till cold.
To Clean Lobsters:
Using lobster crackers, kitchen shears or the back of a sturdy knife crack shells and pull meat from lobsters.
This recipe for Angry Lobster Pasta serves/makes: 2 servings
The Angry Lobster Pasta recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Pasta