4 - 6 servings
How to cook Apache Trout Diablo
- 4 to 6 Apache trout fillets (about 6 ounces each), cut into small finger sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Chardonnay or other cooking wine
- 1 large shallot, diced as fine as possible
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of tarragon
- Parsley sprig to garnish
- In a skillet, add the butter and shallots. Cook until the shallots are almost done, but not browned.
- Add a little of the cooking wine, then add a few of the trout fingers. These will resemble scallops in size; about 1/2-inch diameter or so.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cayenne pepper and tarragon. Cook until fish is done, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Take approximately a cup of the cooked rice and arrange in a circle on the outside of the plate.
- When the fish is done, place in the center of the rice ring.
- Garnish the Apache Trout Diablo with a parsley sprig and serve hot.
The Apache Trout Diablo recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Apache Trout Diablo serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Apache Trout Diablo recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered