About 40 puffs
How to cook Appetizer Puffs with Crab Salad
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Crab Salad for filling (see the recipe below)
Crab Salad Ingredients:
- Heat beer, butter, and salt to boiling in a saucepan.
- Add flour all at once. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Turn oven control to 350°F (180°C) and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until lightly browned and puffed.
- Cool. Split and fill with Crab Salad.
How to cook Crab Salad
- 8 ounces crab meat, picked over to remove cartilage
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Green, red, or yellow peppers, chopped fine (for color, optional)
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Combine with mayonnaise, cream cheese and crab meat.
- Can be used to fill Appetizer Puffs or served with crackers.
The Appetizer Puffs with Crab Salad recipe easy to prepare and so good! These tiny cream puffs may be filled as you wish to make dainty and appealing hors d'oeuvres.
This recipe for Appetizer Puffs with Crab Salad serves/makes: About 40 puffs
The Appetizer Puffs with Crab Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Appetizer