About 40 puffs
How to cook Appetizer Puffs with Shrimp Spread
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Shrimp Spread for filling (see the recipe below)
Shrimp Spread Ingredients:
- Heat beer, butter, and salt to boiling in a saucepan.
- Add flour all at once. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Turn oven control to 350°F (180°C) and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until lightly browned and puffed.
- Cool. Split and fill with Shrimp Spread.
How to cook Shrimp Spread
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 green onion with some tops
- 1 parsley sprig
- Dash salt
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, optional
- Using a food processor or blender, process butter, onions, parsley, and seasonings until vegetables are minced and mixture is smooth. (With blender, prepare in 2 or 3 batches).
- Add shrimp, beer, and capers (if using). Process to a smooth paste.
- Serve at room temperature on crackers on in tiny cream puffs. Use a rounded teaspoon for each.
- Serve the Shrimp Spread at a cocktail party - on fancy crackers or inside Appetizer Puffs.
The Appetizer Puffs with Shrimp Spread recipe easy to prepare and so good! These tiny cream puffs may be filled as you wish to make dainty and appealing hors d'oeuvres.
This recipe for Appetizer Puffs with Shrimp Spread serves/makes: About 40 puffs
The Appetizer Puffs with Shrimp Spread recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Appetizer