About 40 puffs
How to cook Appetizer Puffs with Tuna Salad
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Tuna Salad for filling (see the recipe below)
Tuna Salad Ingredients:
- Heat beer, butter, and salt to boiling in a saucepan.
- Add flour all at once. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Turn oven control to 350°F (180°C) and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until lightly browned and puffed.
- Cool. Split and fill with Tuna Salad.
How to cook Tuna Salad
- 1 large can white tuna fish, water packed, drained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup or more sun flower seeds, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Enough mayonnaise to moisten (you can use equal parts yogurt and mayonnaise)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Keeps well for several days.
The Appetizer Puffs with Tuna Salad recipe easy to prepare and so good! These tiny cream puffs may be filled as you wish to make dainty and appealing hors d'oeuvres.
This recipe for Appetizer Puffs with Tuna Salad serves/makes: About 40 puffs
The Appetizer Puffs with Tuna Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Appetizer