4 - 6
How to cook Argentine Baked Stuffed Striped Bass
- 1 whole (about 3 pounds) striped bass, cleaned and boned
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and butter a shallow ovenproof dish large enough to take the whole fish.
- Season the inside of the striped bass with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and moisten the mixture with a little milk.
- Stuff the cavity of the whole striped bass with the breadcrumb mixture then close it up with toothpicks.
- Place the stuffed striped bass in the prepared dish, dot with the butter, pour the olive oil over the top then pour the white wine over. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the fish feels firm when pressed with a finger.
- Serve the Argentine Baked Stuffed Striped Bass immediately spooning the juices from the dish over the top.
The Argentine Name for the Baked Stuffed Striped Bass dish is Corvina Rellena
This recipe for Argentine Baked Stuffed Striped Bass serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Argentine Baked Stuffed Striped Bass recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American