How to cook Argentine Mussel Soup
- 16 fresh mussels, cleaned and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 1/2 pints fresh fish stock
- 3 tablespoons long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the stock and the saffron and simmer for a 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and simmer for 10-15 minutes until just tender.
- Add the chopped mussels, salt and pepper, mix well, cover and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes. Serve the Argentine Mussel Soup immediately.
This recipe for Argentine Mussel Soup serves/makes: 4
The Argentine Mussel Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew
Cuisine: South American
(more South American