How to cook Argentine Salmon Grutense
- 4 salmon steaks, about 6 ounces each
- 1 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the salmon and milk in a large saucepan, season with salt and pepper, bring to simmering point and poach gently for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the onion, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice in a shallow dish and mix well.
- Drain the fish and place in the onion mixture. Turn to coat then cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour, turning from time to time.
- Preheat the grill to very hot and line the grill pan with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the fish to the grill pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Serve the grilled salmon steaks hot immediately.
The Argentine Name for the Salmon Grutense dish is Las Grutas Salmon
This recipe for Argentine Salmon Grutense serves/makes: 4
The Argentine Salmon Grutense recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo is submitted by Elke Azulay - 10/25/11.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled
Cuisine: South American
(more South American