8 - 10
How to cook Armenian Baked Whitefish with Herbs
- 3 1/2 pounds whitefish fillets
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried savory or oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Black pepper and hot red pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Chives or parsley, minced, for garnish
- Arrange the fish fillets in a buttered baking pan.
Pour the butter over the fish.
- Combine the wine with the mustard and pour in the pan.
Sprinkle the fish with savory or oregano, garlic powder, and the black and red peppers.
Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the tomatoes with the salt.
- Remove the fish from the oven and arrange the tomato slices on top.
Bake for about 20 minutes longer.
- Before serving, pour the pan juices over the fish, sprinkle with the chives or parsley and season with more black pepper. (It is preferable to thicken the pan juices in a saucepan by boiling for about 10 minutes.)
- Serve the juices in a small bowl with the baked whitefish.
- This dish is very light, tasty and attractive.
The Armenian Baked Whitefish with Herbs is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Armenian Baked Whitefish with Herbs serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Armenian Baked Whitefish with Herbs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Baked