10 - 12
How to cook Armenian Chilli Fish (Samke Harrah)
- 5 pounds red snapper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red hot pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chilli Tahini Sauce Decoration:
- 1/4 cup almond, roasted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted
- Parsley sprigs
- Pomegranate seeds, optional
Chilli Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
- Rub the red snapper with peppers, salt and oil.
- Bake in a preheated medium oven for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Chilli Tahini Sauce (see recipe below).
- Carefully take the head and tail off the baked fish, clean the bones. Mix about half of the sauce with the fish.
- Return the fish to a serving plate, give a fish shape to the mixture, put the head and tail, cover with remaining sauce.
- Decorate with nuts, parsley and pomegranate seeds if you are using them.
- Serve the baked red snapper with hot tahini sauce cold.
How to cook Chilli Tahini Sauce
- 1 pound tahini*
- 1 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red hot pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, minced
- Mix tahini with lemon juice, then salt and water.
- Add remaining, mix well, make a thick sauce.
*Tahini, zhimajiang, nerigoma, or sesame paste is a paste of ground sesame seeds used in cooking. Middle Eastern tahini is made of hulled, lightly roasted seeds. East Asian sesame paste is made of unhulled seeds.
This recipe for Armenian Chilli Fish (Samke Harrah) serves/makes: 10 - 12
The Armenian Chilli Fish (Samke Harrah) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked