How to cook Armenian Creamed Cod Fish
- 2 pounds cod fish
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, halved
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or creme fraiche
- Fried bread slices
- Place the fish in a pan with water to cover. Add the lemon slices and bring to boil over high heat.
- When the surface becomes foamy, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Drain and reserve the liquid. Set aside the fish and keep warm.
- In the same liquid, cook the three potatoes for 30 - 40minutes, or until done. Drain and peel. Mash with a fork or in a blender. Set aside.
- Skin the fish and remove the bones. Heat half cup of the oil.
- Place the fish in a pyrex dish (to prevent discoloring) and mash the fish with a wooden spoon in the oil.
- Stir in the potatoes, beating until well blended and a smooth paste is formed. A few drops of cold water may be added to prevent curdling.
- Heat the remaining oil and add to the mixture and continue beating until a very smooth paste is formed. Season with the salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic. Stir in the heavy cream or creme fraiche.
- Transfer the mixture to the top of a double boiler and place over hot water. Stir until hot.
- Pour into a serving dish, mounding it like a dome, and surround it with the fried bread, cut into half-moon shapes.
The Armenian Creamed Cod Fish recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Armenian Creamed Cod Fish serves/makes: 6
The Armenian Creamed Cod Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered