4 - 6
How to cook Armenian Fish Kchuch
- 2 pounds whitefish or sea bass fillets
- 5 onions
- 3 ounces butter
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup white grape wine
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons tarragon
- 2 teaspoons (or to taste) salt
- Dough for the cover
- Grease the pot with butter. Put the following layers on the bottom:sliced onion, diced tomatoes and pepper.
- Season with all peppers. Put fish slices and cover with the layers of vegetables. Season with other spices and pour over wine.
- Make stiff dough from flour and water and shape a cover for the pot.
- Cover tightly and bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
The Fish Kchuch is a dish from national Armenian cuisine. This is fish fillet in wine, baked with vegetables in a crockery pot. Hot spices give unique piquancy to the dish.
This recipe for Armenian Fish Kchuch serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Armenian Fish Kchuch recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Baked