6 - 8
How to cook Armenian Fish Plaki
- 1 large whole sea bass (halibut, tuna or salmon) or cut into individual servings
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups largely diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian or Armenian parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup redi-cut tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon, sliced into rounds
- Place the fish on a large sheet of foil or parchment paper. Make sure the foil is large enough to completely cover the fish when folded.
- Place the vegetables around the fish and then shake the wine and olive oil together in a jar to make an emulsion. Pour this over the fish.
- Sprinkle the fish with parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Garnish the top of the fish with the lemon slices.
- Fold over the foil all around the fish and make sure it has a tight fit so the liquid will not boil out.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 45 minutes.
Fillets of red snapper, catfish or orange roughy
can be used in the Armenian Fish Plaki recipe.
This recipe for Armenian Fish Plaki serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Armenian Fish Plaki recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Baked